Whatâ€™s in the Center?
- Diagnostic services
- Individual trauma-focused therapy for adults, adolescents and Â Â Â Â children, includingÂ parental training
- Family therapy or couple therapy
- Conferences on a variety of trauma related topics
- Management seminars on disaster preparedness
- Instruction for professionals in the field of trauma
- Courses: an annual trauma treatment course, course on the Somatic
Experiencing method, course on cognitive-behavioral therapy,Â courses and instruction groups for professional at their workplaceÂ Â on trauma treatment as well as workshops and short courses onÂ Â different approaches to trauma treatment.Â
- Research and Assessment
- Regional Center for Coping in the Education system â€“ inÂ cooperation with the Israel Ministry of Education.
- School based work, including teacher and parent instruction and studentÂ Â screening for the early detection of post-traumatic symptoms, and schooolÂ based intervention programs.
- Group therapy (such as a group for surviving siblings; for victimsÂ of traffic accidents etc.
- Lectures and information events for the general public
List of Services
The following services can be provided:
- Lectures on all aspects of traumatization, prevention of long term consequences, treatment of PTSD and intervention and maintenanceÂ for chronic PTSD.
- Seminar on psychological consequences of terrorÂ Â Â (4 hours)
- Seminar on preventative interventions after trauma (4-16 hours)
- Seminar on Community oriented approaches to building resiliency(4-16 hours)
- Seminar on Treatment of trauma-related disorders in adults andÂ Â Â childrenÂ Â (4-24 hours)
- Course on treatment of PTSDÂ (16-48 hours)
- Seminar and training in â€śHelping the Helperâ€ť programs
- Seminar on disaster management systems and their organizationÂ (4-32 hours)
- Course for mental health professionals on preventativeÂ interventions (8-32 hours)
All of these seminar and courses can be given for the level of management and middle management, or on the level of personnel of mental health organizations, or personnel management officers of companies that deal with work-related disaster management.
Clients of the Israel Center for the Treatment of Psychotrauma:
- Israel Ministry of Health
- Israel Ministry of Education
- Israel Ministry of Social Welfare
- Israel Ministry of Defense
- Israel Fire Department
- Israel Police Department
- The Municipality of Jerusalem
- Local municipalities and authorities throughout Israel
- Community Mental Health Centers throughout Israel
- The Jerusalem Association for the Advancement ofÂ Youth at risk
- The New York Mental Health Coalition
- Federation Employment and Guidance ServiceÂ (F.E.G.S., New York)
- New York Dept of Health
- American Red Cross-Los Angeles Chapter
- Bosphorus University, Istanbul
- The Turkish Psychological Association
- Beslan, Russia
- Sri Lanka
- City of Biloxi, Mississippi
- Mexico City Mental Health Agencies